只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

楼主: daleyang

关于找工作

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2005-3-26 04:15:13 | 显示全部楼层
Job Interview Guide

Interview Preparation

A little preparation before the interview will help take the edge off of the event. Here are some simple ways to get ready for your meeting.

1. Research the company.
By knowing as much as possible about the organization you're interviewing with, you'll be able to speak about topics that are relevant to the job you're applying for. Good places to research company information include:

The business section of your public library

Business and financial magazines

Business sections of newspapers

Your prospective employer’s company literature

Your professional and personal network

The company's Web site
Compile your company information into a company profile something like the following. (Of course, the contents of your format will depend upon what information you're able to gather.)

COMPANY PROFILE
Company's name: Westwood Running Shoes
Company's location: Los Angeles, California
Company's principle product: Running shoes
Company's other products: Socks, t-shirts, shoe laces, sports decals
Hiring manager for department I'm interested in: Mr. Alfred Jones, VP of Marketing
Company's annual revenue: $14 million
Customer demographics: 43% ages 18 and under, 35% ages 19-30, 17% ages 30-45, 5% ages 46+
Projected growth: $18 million in three years
Chief competitor: Anchor Line Shoes
Company promotional slogan: Westwood, for those in the fast lane

Top of this page

2. Learn about your interviewer.
If you can learn a little about the person who will be interviewing you, you'll be miles ahead of the game. Try to research up one or two things about her accomplishments, history with the organization, outside interests—anything that will help you break the ice and speak to her about things she's interested in.

For help in how to get the inside scoop on your interviewer, try some of these techniques:

Ask people in your professional and personal network what they know about the interviewer.

Conduct a search on the Internet using the person's name and company name.

Read the company's annual report to learn about the company's directions and goals, including those that might involve the interviewer's department.

Call organizations like the Chamber of Commerce, professional associations, and community groups that you think the hiring manager might belong to.

Once you've uncovered some information about the interviewer, compile it in a profile such as the following. (The information on your interviewer's profile will be determined by what information you dig up.)

INTERVIEWER'S PROFILE
Name: Mr. Alfred Jones
Title: VP of Marketing
How long with company: 4 years
Number of people he supervises: Directly 3, indirectly 19
Reports to: CEO
Education: M.A. from UCLA
Salary: Don't have the exact figure, but I think somewhere around $95K
Management style: Known for being fair but demanding
Articles: Published in U.S. Marketing Magazine, April 2001
Outside interests: He's a jogger. He ran the Los Angeles Marathon the same year I did
Work ethics: They say he has a high standard and puts in about a 60-hour week
Career ambitions: Unknown, but I imagine he's aiming for a promotion to president
Personality: Jones is a friendly man, but a tough negotiator
Volunteer activities: Member of several organizations that focus on children's issues

Top of this page

3. Know your PAR.s.
A job interview is a two-way street—both you and the employer will be making sales pitches. To go into your meeting knowing what you have to offer, make a short list of your strengths—especially the ones you know will interest this particular manager. Once you’ve got your strengths down cold, you’ll be ready to talk about them in your interview.

Practice telling at least three stories that illustrate your strengths in a PAR format (Problem, Action, Result). Prepare to sprinkle them throughout the interview in response to relevant questions. Your stories can make the difference between a ho-hum and striking answer.

4. List the questions you want to ask.
The employer shouldn’t be the only one asking questions during the interview. After all, you’re trying to decide where you want to spend eight or more hours a day for the next few years. Be prepared with your own questions, which should:

Gather information you need to make your career decision

Show that you understand the basics of the job you seek

Demonstrate your level of commitment, interest, and abilities

Here are some commonly asked questions, which might help you compile your own. By the way, it’s OK to refer to your list during the interview.

How do you define successful performance in this position?

Am I correct in my understanding that the role of such-and-such job entails such-and-such?

Is there special training you require or suggest for someone holding this position?

How do you envision this company changing in five years?

How does this unit’s objectives contribute to the overall company goals?

How will the current economic trend impact this department?

Which problems facing our industry will affect this unit?

What challenges will I inherit when I take this job?

To whom will I report and who will report to me?

Will I have hiring/firing authority within my area?

What have you found to be the most important traits of someone who is successful in this position?

Could you tell me how long you've worked for this company and a little bit about how you grew into your current position?

What projects or goals will bring success to your department or team?

What is your feeling about how I would fit into this organization? (This is a good closing question for the interview)

Top of this page

5. Create a portfolio of your work.
Just as a picture speaks a thousand words, so does a sample brochure, photograph, or technical prototype. If you have samples that demonstrate your relevant skills, bring those samples to the interview in a briefcase or small bag. When the appropriate question is asked, refer to your samples as a way of showing your talent. The act of showing the interviewer something tangible will change the pace of the interview and make a memorable impression about your achievements. By the way, don't bring a sample if it's larger than what you can carry in one hand or more elaborate than what can be taken out of its case and presented in ten seconds or less. Your portfolio should make you look good, not clumsy
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2005-3-26 04:22:37 | 显示全部楼层
最初由 Johny 发表
移民找工作的两个大误区(或谣言):

1. 加拿大经验
很多人面试后, 得不到工作, 询问原因, 答曰: 你没有加拿大经验. 这里我想和大家讨论一下这个问题, 不知道有没有人想过, 你没有加拿大经验, 为什么雇主还要你去面试, 浪费他自己的时间, 你的简历又没有写你有加拿大经验. 我个人的经验告诉我, 实际上雇主用你没有加拿大经验来告诉你: 你的技术和经验(至少你面试时给他的印象)离他们需要的人还有距离. 结果是有不少人在得到这样的答复后, 加拿大经验就成了一灵丹妙药,不但得到广泛流传, 还成为移民找不到工作的最佳良药, 包治百病.

2. 英语不好
可以说, 我们移民中英语"好"的, 真的不多, 但是能用英语表达出自己的意愿(可能颠三倒四), 能够听懂方的意思(可能不太全)的, 却大有人在. 很多人面试后, 得不到工作, 询问原因, 答曰: 你的英语交流有问题. 于是, 大家全都忙着学英语, 好象学不好英语就无法找工作了. 我个人的经验告诉我, 实际上雇主用"你的英语交流有问题"来告诉你: 你的技术和经验(至少你面试时给他的印象)离他们需要的人还有距离. 请问你见过几个"大山", 老外说中文时, 我看他的中文再烂你都听的懂.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-3-28 13:27:05 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-3-28 13:36:30 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-3-28 14:57:24 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-3-28 15:47:05 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-3-30 01:06:04 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢DALEYANG,我都下载了,要好好研究!

一定能给我好多帮助的,我给你加声望!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-3-3 03:04:49 | 显示全部楼层

回复: 真是太详细啦!!!!谢谢

好贴.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-3-4 15:10:13 | 显示全部楼层

回复: 关于找工作

兄弟, 你,可是有个问题,去加的优秀人才很多,但是谈“找工作的”很多,却很少见谈创业赚钱的,为什么?是太难?没必要?还是我看的帖子太少?
谢谢回答,老婆酝酿去加ING!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-3-5 10:15:46 | 显示全部楼层

Post by DUCK
兄弟, 你,可是有个问题,去加的优秀人才很多,但是谈“找工作的”很多,却很少见谈创业赚钱的,为什么?是太难?没必要?还是我看的帖子太少?
谢谢回答,老婆酝酿去加ING!

主要是这里市场不大,也比较成熟了,行行业业都有人在做。如果你有些创意的符合市场需求的东西,也不是没有的做哦。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-3-7 13:56:09 | 显示全部楼层

不错.
太长,看不过来,慢慢看.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-3-7 23:11:09 | 显示全部楼层

FCH,

你好!谢谢你一直以来耐心及时的回复。
我还有一个问题,如果我拿到加国公民身份就回中国,那么我老了后在加拿大能得到多少养老金?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-3-8 10:50:21 | 显示全部楼层

Post by DUCK
FCH,

你好!谢谢你一直以来耐心及时的回复。
我还有一个问题,如果我拿到加国公民身份就回中国,那么我老了后在加拿大能得到多少养老金?

老实说,我对养老金还没有怎么研究呢!呵呵。。。可能因为还不太老? 。不过,也是该研究研究了呢!

先说说我听到的:你能拿多少养老金,部分因素是由你在加拿大居住了多久决定的;据说是超过10年才能享受呢;

再说说我的看法:如果拿到公民回国,肯定是因为国内机会更多,挣钱更多,同时,因为加拿大税重,所以,很多人都办理非税务居民。。。我听说,办理非税务居民,对养老金也有影响。。。不过,想必回国挣的应该比养老金多很多才会想到回流吧

不好意思,没有给啥很确切的答案,还啰嗦了这么多 。。。印象中,跟跟  可能了解养老金多一些。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-22 18:33:22 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-22 18:45:54 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-22 19:37:13 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-22 20:43:39 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-12-9 18:01:31 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-12-11 23:05:37 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-12-16 10:00:59 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|驿路枫情加拿大华人网

GMT+8, 2024-4-16 23:03 , Processed in 0.140806 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip On, File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表